Friday, June 4, 2010

Week 2 Web Cast - June 1 & 3

In Weel 2 of the Masters of Tech Course EDLE 5306 A web cast was held on June 1 and again on June 3. I attended both so I could meet and see both profesors. The primary topic was to explin and ask questions about the internship. I appreicated the more ' personal' overview of the plan. In addition, questions were asked about the current and upcoming assignements. It was helpful to hear my own questions being voiced so I didn't feel so 'on my own' As a result of the webcast I feel a little surer of my direction and having met both professor feel much more comfortable sending questions or in the case of Professor Borel just calling.
The web cast, in general, will be a very helpful tool once we all become accustomed to using the tool. Unfortunately, the technical aspect is difficult especially when we all have different types of equipment that does affect the video and audio transmissions. Is was helpful in the June 3rd web cast for Professor Abernathy to make the initial presentation and then open up screens to see the other particpants in the web cast. This allowed us to see each other as we voice questions and even brought in the human element as pets were introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment